Friday, December 31, 2021

What is Between Adventures?

This is a place to explore ideas, talk about the games I run and want to run, and explore various aspects of a hobby I have loved for decades. I have wanted to do something like Between Adventures for a long time. Many things have prevented me from pursuing it over the years and finally I've decided I need to jump in and do it until I can't anymore. 

Why Now?

Any time is as good as any other. But now works great. There is a challenge coming up. It starts tomorrow,the January Character Creation Challenge. Thirty-one characters in 31 days. I will use the challenge to kickstart this blog. It gives me a reason to tune in everyday and produce something. In this case, 31 characters and all of them from a different system. 

I could do 31 characters in one or two systems. Or all of them in one setting, but like so many collectors I have many books. I will likely never experience all the games in my library. This will be a way to see them partially in action. 

What About The Future?

Depending on how the character creation challenge goes I may continue to create characters through the year. It won't be at the same rate as the January challenge. I will add in reviews for games, supplements, and anything else that takes my fancy. There will be advice, after action reviews, and my thoughts on role-playing in general. 

So, stay a while and listen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Character Creation Challenge Day 7: Mothership

Mothership had a recent, successful kickstarter campaign. The beta character sheet and player survival guide beta pdfs were released just be...